This recipe is taken from my iPad app, Product of Italy
This simple, flourless cake reminds me of the fresh ricotta we used in so many dishes back home in Puglia, and it’s always a favourite at my cooking classes.
It's easy to make and stays fresh for a few days after you make it - just keep it in the refrigerator.
Serves 12 people.
- 1 kilo fresh ricotta cheese
- 12 eggs
- 300 grams of sugar
- 2 small packs of vanillina
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of Limoncello
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line a deep, round 12-inch pan (ideally aluminum) with parchment paper
- Add the eggs, vanillina, lemon zest, cinnamon and sugar to an electric mixer and mix well.
- Add the fresh ricotta and 1 table spoon or so of limoncello. Keep mixing until you have a creamy consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan lined with parchment paper and lightly sprinkle the top with more sugar.
- Bake until the top is lightly golden, about 60-75 mins, depending on the oven.
- Remove from heat and gently sprinkle the limoncello over top of the cake
- Let sit and cool completely before serving